[Zope] Trying to trap ConflictError

Michael Dunstan michael.dunstan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:15:16 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Jonathan <dev101 at magma.ca> wrote:

> I am still investing, and have found errors like:
>
> 2006-07-04T14:48:12 ERROR ZODB.Connection Couldn't load state for 0x1c
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/Zope-2.9.2/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 732, in
> setstate
>     self._setstate(obj)
>   File "/usr/local/Zope-2.9.2/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py", line 768, in
> _setstate
>     p, serial = self._storage.load(obj._p_oid, self._version)
>   File "/usr/local/Zope-2.9.2/lib/python/tempstorage/TemporaryStorage.py",
> line 104, in load
>     s=self._index[oid]
> KeyError: '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x1c'
>
> in the event.log.   From my googling research, it appears that these type of
> errors may be due to insufficient memory (but I am not sure and am still
> investigating to see if this is the cause of the conflict errors).

TempoaryStorage.py has a few tuning constants. The above error reads
as though RECENTLY_GC_OIDS_LEN is too small for your application. It
may well be that the default tuning of TempoaryStorage does not match
your application very well.

It would be useful to try FileStorage to help decide on where to focus
attention. If FileStorage behaves a lot better then that also suggests
that TempoaryStorage is miss-tuned for your application.

Cheers
Michael