[Zope] Zope 2.9.3/2.9.1 On Suse 10.1 box version

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Sun Jul 9 06:34:03 EDT 2006

exactly!
I sugest the following:
- remove what you have done so far
- go to yast, create a user zope
- switch to this user
- install zope like this:
    wget http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.9.3/Zope-2.9.3.tgz
    tar xvfz Zope-2.9.3.tgz
    mv Zope-2.9.3 Zope-2.9.3-src
    cd Zope-2.9.3-src
    ./configure --prefix=../Zope-2.9.3
    make
    make install
- cd to zopes user directory
- mkdir instances #will contain all zope instances
- ln -s Zope-2.9.3 Zope-2.9 # so you can update easily
- Zope-2.9/bin/makezopeinstance.py -d instances/MYFIRSTINSTANCE -u
admin:admin
- edit the file ~/instances/MYFIRSTINSTANCE/etc/zope.conf to suite your
whishes
- start zope with ~/instances/MYFIRSTINSTANCE/bin/zopectrl fg

HTH
robert