[Zope] Zope 2.7 installation on SuSE 10.0 - unable to find startup script

TR tmst at nethere.com
Mon Jul 10 22:13:32 EDT 2006

This is rather bizarre, but I'm unable to determine what script to run to
start my Zope instance. I installed 2.7.7-3, which comes with the distro, and
ran mkzopeinstance.py, which terminated without errors after asking for the
instance home and site admin id/password.

Isn't there supposed to be a startzope.py somewhere? The closest thing I could
find was the following:

[/opt/zope/lib/python/Zope/App] > python startup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "startup.py", line 16, in ?
    from AccessControl.SecurityManagement import getSecurityManager
ImportError: No module named AccessControl.SecurityManagement

Even wierder, my installation contains an AccessControl.SecuritySuite package
with a SecurityBase module - no SecurityManager.

Can anyone shed some light, here?

-Tom Russell