[Zope] question on simple_send in MailHost

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Wed Jul 19 03:55:36 EDT 2006

Aloha,

I did try send() - it seems one must know something about RFC822 message
formatting to use it...?
I know nothing about that, and could not quickly find any clear and
concise howtos or tutorials, just verbose and confusing specs and
mailing list posts and so on.

I tried using send() with the same plain text body and from and to
strings I was using for simple_send()...in case it might work...
When the mail arrived, some of the header content was in the body and
not in the header.
It did arrive at all addresses in the To: field, I will admit... :-)
But the header was broken somehow, I assume because I didn't know how to
format it correctly.
That was all the time I had to mess with it for now.

thanks,
John S.