[Zope] ExternalFile - getting back the file

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 19 21:31:42 EDT 2006

krokodylek at tenbit.pl wrote:

>Hi  :-)
>
>I'm using the ExternalFile product:
>
>http://www.zope.org/Members/arielpartners/ExternalFile
>
>because I need to have a file both in ZMI, as well as in filesystem.
>
>I would like to ask if anyone can tell me how to get back the file that
>ExternalFile was created from, having only the object? In fact I do not need
>the file itself, but tha data (bytes) that were inside.
>
>I would be very grateful for any help.
>
>Best regards,
>Maciej Zieba

a) why do you need access to *both* the file system *and* the ZMI for
the same object?  (because ExternalFile (says) the external files appear
as objects in the ZMI)
b) You want to "get back the file that ExternalFile was created from,
having only the object"?  Can you explain that?  Sounds like Freud would
be interested.

David