[Zope] Catalog aware

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:27:36 EDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Garito <garito at sistes.net> wrote:
> > Look at the CatalogAware mixin class.
> But with this class I could create a new class of PT Catalog aware,
> isn't it?

Yup.

> I would like to convert a normal PT is this possible?'

Yes, with monkeypatches, but really, you don't want to go that way.
This feels to me as a case of you asking the question you THINK is the
problem, because thats the problem you have right now. But often when
that happens you have been running in the wrong direction for a while.

It's like somebody asking how to break down a wall to get to the mall
on the other side, when the best way to get to the wall is to get out
of the dead-end street and then take left. :)

So in short: Why on earth would you want page templates to be catalogaware? :)

> Sure but Is the cost so big?

Yes.