[Zope] creating a new permission

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Jun 7 05:26:31 EDT 2006

thomas desvenain wrote:

> i am searching for hours, and i don't find how to define a new
> permission, in python code, for my product

Permissions kind of "spring into existence" when they are used. For example,
Poi defines some additional permissions in Products/Poi/permissions.py. It
then calls setDefaultRoles() to set the default roles of each permission.
When these are used e.g. in security.declareProtected() statements around
methods, they become available in the ZMI.

Martin