[Zope] Document parameters as part of a URL

Andrew Hedges andrew at clearwired.com
Wed Jun 7 14:45:31 EDT 2006

Just curious what people think of the technique described here:

    http://www.zope.org/Members/petrvanblokland/parameters_in_url

This page is a few years old.  Is there something built-in to more
recent versions of Zope that does this already?  If there is, Google
has failed me on this one.

The context is that I'm working on a DTML (yeah, yeah ... I know)
application in Zope 2.9.2 and want to be able to build URLs like this:

    http://server.domain/members/44

...where members is a DTML Method and 44 is a user_id I could do
things with, like call a ZSQL method.  I'd prefer that members is a
DTML Method and not a Python script or ZSQL Method.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

-Andrew
-----
Andrew Hedges, andrew at clearwired.com