[Zope] RE: zope LDAP deadlock problem

Matthew X. Economou xenophon at irtnog.org
Wed Jun 7 16:59:29 EDT 2006

> You can use Florent's "DeadlockDebugger" to find out what happens.

This is true for someone with the requisite skills and plenty of time.
In my case, the actual deadlock happens in a system library routine
(sigaction, as I recall), making the identification of the component
that's actually at fault rather challenging for someone like me.
Fortunately, something in FreeBSD's threading implementation must have
changed between RELENG_5 and RELENG_6, because Zope doesn't become
completely unresponsive now.

Best wishes,
Matthew

--
jsoffron: I'm generally pretty high on national defense...
Mr. Bad Example: Careful...it's a gateway policy. Before you know it,