[Zope] [ANN] Zope 2.9.3 released

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Jun 7 17:15:25 EDT 2006

I'll have to say, this is the first Zope that I've had a problem with the
install since 1998.  The last successful version I installed was 2.92.

RedHat Linux 7.3
Python 2.4.3

I've looked at the Troubleshooting info in the INSTALL.txt file and my
Makefile for Python 2.4.3 shows
CC=             gcc -pthread
CXX=            c++ -pthread
and it was a "vanilla build".

It looks like to me that not finding a zcml configuration file it quits.  Any
ideas how I can fix this?

[z293]# ./configure --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python2.4 --prefix=/varz29

Configuring Zope installation

Using Python interpreter at /usr/local/bin/python2.4

[z293]# make
/usr/local/bin/python2.4 install.py -q build
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 28, in ?
    context.initialize()
  File "/var/z293/Support/zpkgsetup/setup.py", line 121, in initialize
    self.scan(depname, pkgdir, reldir)
  File "/var/z293/Support/zpkgsetup/setup.py", line 211, in scan
    self.scan_package(name, directory, reldir)
  File "/var/z293/Support/zpkgsetup/setup.py", line 225, in scan_package
    pkginfo = package.loadPackageInfo(name, directory, reldir)
  File "/var/z293/Support/zpkgsetup/package.py", line 101, in loadPackageInfo
    pkginfo = read_package_info(directory, reldir)
  File "/var/z293/Support/zpkgsetup/package.py", line 166, in
read_package_info
    data_files[:] = expand_globs(directory, reldir, data_files)
  File "/var/z293/Support/zpkgsetup/package.py", line 303, in expand_globs
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: filename pattern '*-configure.zcml' doesn't match any files
make: *** [build] Error 1

TIA
Thomas

On Friday 12 May 2006 08:32, Andreas Jung wrote:
> From: Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>
>
> Hi all,
>
> on behalf of Zope Corporation and the Zope community I am pleased to
> announce the release of Zope 2.9.3.
>
> You can download  it from
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.9.3/
>

> Some new features of Zope 2.9:
>
>   - ZODB 3.6
>
>   - Five 1.3
>
>   - integration for Zope 3 events for object creation and deletion
>
>   - Zope 3 i18n integration for page templates
>

> For more information on what is new in this release, see the
> CHANGES.txt files for the release:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.9.3/CHANGES.txt
>

> Please bring all the bugs you have found to the Zope bugtracker:
>
>    "http://collector.zope.org/Zope":http://collector.zope.org/Zope
>
> For more information on the available Zope releases, guidance for selecting
> the right distribution and installation instructions, please see:
>
>    http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/InstallingZope.stx
>

> Support Python versions:
>
>   Zope 2.9 requires Python 2.4.3 (Python 2.4.1, 2.4.2 are still
> acceptable). Older Python versions are no longer supported.
>

> Thanks to all being involved in this release.
>
> --
> Andreas Jung    (andreas at zopyx dot com)

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

An important measure of effort in coding is the frequency with which you write
something that doesn't actually match your mental representation of the
problem, and have to backtrack on realizing that what you just typed won't
actually tell the language to do what you're thinking. -Eric Raymond

Library Systems Help Desk: http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help