[Zope] dtml forwarding request

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Jun 8 17:55:05 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 11:39:19PM +0200, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> Alric Aneron wrote:
> > So there is no way to do it through python and DTML?
> >
> > I know Java has something like that.

ZEO is the canonical way to distribute zope stuff.

> Well you should be sure you know what you do anyways.
> Forwarding requests means you trust the users browser
> to do the right thing. Maybe you can instead make
> a subrequest by means of urllib and friends.

If you do that, you're getting into the world of RPC and
service-oriented development.  There are a zillion ways to do that in
zope...  urllib/urllib2 as suggested, or you can use the callRemote()
features of a sufficiently recent ZSyncer (see the README), or use
zope's built-in XMLRPC server and on the client side use python's
xmlrpclib.  The latter two options are nice because they give you native
python objects on both ends of the wire.

Pretty much all of these will require you to write some "trusted" code,
i.e. on the filesystem (in a Product or External Method).

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com