[Zope] manage_changeProperties has strange side effect on response Content-Type.

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Fri Jun 16 07:39:03 EDT 2006

Gaute Amundsen schrieb:
> This gave me such a headache today, that I thought I ought to mention it.
>
> All my pages normally have a content-type of ISO-8859-1
> I have not spent much thought on this, it has just worked nicely like that.
>
> Today I had a page that called a python script, that even when I made it
> return an empty string, changed the content-type of my page to utf-8.
>
> I finally tracked it down to this difference:
>
> item.manage_changeProperties({'title':'Hustype'}) 	gives utf-8.
> item.manage_changeProperties(title='Hustype')		leaves ISO-8859-1 intact.
>
> WTF is that?

My guess would be the dict-argument is used in place of
REQUEST and therefore sets some default encoding in
request - which it certainly acquires.

But this is all looking into the crystal sphere because
I not yet have time to actually look at the source -
otoh it would be of great help if you provide:

1.) the excat zope version
2.) manage_page_charset settings
3.) default encodings set in zope.conf etc.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain