[Zope] questions on multilingual sites

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 08:55:35 EDT 2006

John Schinnerer wrote:
> Can additional language support be added in later, or is it necessary to
> build it all in from the start (even if not used yet)?

Once you've done it properly for one language, all you need to do is add
in more translations.

Doing thefirst one you can do at any point in the project, but you might
make your end result more i18n-friendly if you do it that way from the
start..

> What are the basic docs/tutorials/howtos I should look at to start
> understanding how zope language support works and how to best apply/use it?

Umm, yeah, Five has some docs, *waves hands in air* ummm...

...yeah, this stuff isn't really documented coherently in one place.

Philipp's Zope 3 book isn't a bad place to start, though, since nowadays
you really want to be using Zope 3's i18n via Five in Zope 2 rather than
any of the horrific existing i18n solutions for Zope 2.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk