[Zope] load balancing ftp over ZEO clients

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
Mon Jun 19 11:54:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

We have an intranet that has a ZEO setup. For http and webdav there are
even fronproxies installed which are loadbalanced though a Alteon server.
(yes it is kind of an overkill setup but we wanted to get some experience
with such a setup for future projects).

We now would like to rollout ftp acces for the users that cannot use
webdav for some reason.

Has anyone experiences with load balancing ftp over several ZEO clients?
What are the todo's and todont's?
Can I forward both port 20 and 21 to the ftp port of the ZEO?
Is it possible to use passive and active ftp?

Thanks,

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    reinoud.v at n.leeuwen.net
http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud