[Zope] Improved Zope Org Proposal

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 02:38:18 EDT 2006

On 6/24/06, Andrew Sawyers <andrew at sawdog.com> wrote:
> I agree - just change from microsite to 'communuty supported site' and I
> wouldn't find any reason to argue this personally.  :)
> I'd like to see some other site write this software and feed it to
> www.zope.org via rss or some Ajax implementation the designers come up
> with.  The limited content placed directly on zope.org should be that
> noted herein and other emails IMNSHO.
> The can - to that site the community steps up with or to sourceforge.
> No need for it to be on the www.zope.org.  I of course prefer it if
> someone in the community did it, so they could feed data to zope.org for
> display.  It's about integration in my opinion - not about
> consolidation.

OK; I see what you mean now. You ant to create the www.zope.org that
works as the main entrance and integratoor of the microsites. The
proble is that you wnat to do that BEFORE the microsites exist, which
is backwards.

Also, you seem to think that the microsites can be run by whoever
under whatever domainname. That doesn't work. We can't have our main
product site disappear because the guy who managed it got tired or
forget to pay his internet provider bill. And it looks bad if the
community is a hodgepodge of domains and URLs.

I say that you repost this proposal when we have some community sites
to integrate. :-)