[Zope] Searching for and displaying properties

Sinang, Danny D.Sinang at spi-bpo.com
Mon Jun 26 01:18:03 EDT 2006

> manage_addProperty does not trigger recataloguing of the object even
if its a subclass of CatalogAwareness. You should ? > either call
> obj.reindex_object() or at least obj.index_object(), if your class has
the CatalogAwareness-Mixin or you use the catalog > API:

> yourcatalog.catalog_object(obj,obj.absolute_url_path())

> After that, your metadata should show up nicely w/o indexing the whole
object tree.

Thanks Tino.

I'd like to try your suggestion, but I don't know how to refer to the
object that needs recataloguing. Can you help ? Again, here's my code
that calls manage_addProperty.

<code>

wf = context.GeneralWorkflow
instance_id = wf.addInstance( process_id=process, customer=jobname,
comments=comment, title=subject, activation=1)
wf.getInstance(instance_id).manage_addProperty('jobname', 'ABC12345',
'string')

</code>

- Danny