[Zope] manage_pasteObjects question

Palermo, Tom TPalermo at constellagroup.com
Wed Mar 8 19:59:55 EST 2006

Hi David,

In my last post, I wrote that I tried calling manage_pasteObjects a variety
of ways:
context.manage_pasteObjects(context.REQUEST)
context.manage_pasteObjects(context.cb_dataItems())

as well as the original:
context.manage_pasteObjects(cb_copy_data=context.cb_dataItems(),REQUEST=req[
'__cp'])

All 3 of these attemps results in the eInvalid exception gettting raised by
manage_pasteObjects( ). req['__cp'] is a reference to the cookie that gets
set when you place something on the clipboard. I was trying to grab a
specific piece of the REQUEST instead of the whole thing. Does
context.manage_pasteObjects(context.REQUEST) need to be written as:
context.manage_pasteObjects(REQUEST=context.REQUEST)?

It's kind of a moot point now anyway. I'm using some SESSION variables now
to store the ids of te objects I want to cut and the path of their container
so I can do the cut and paste from a single script. Not sure if this is good
or not but it's working for me now. It's one of those times when I just need
something to work.

-Tom

  _____