[Zope] "No module named rotor"

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Mar 14 14:24:35 EST 2006

--On 14. März 2006 14:12:53 -0500 Jeff Gentry <jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> My question is what is the appropriate workaround here?

Fix the related code and replace the rotor with something similar (never
seen any code that uses enigma-style encryption for _serious_ reasons).

>Is this
> considered an issue w/ the version of Python I'm using or the version of
> Zope?  One piece of advice I read (involving importing rotor but not w/
> Zope) was to downgrade to Python 2.3 but I'd prefer not to do that.  I

If you run Zope 2.7 or 2.8 then using Python 2.4 is and was neither
supported nor recommended. Zope 2.9 _requires_  Python 2.4.

As stated above: fix the related code or kick the related product.

-aj

   -   Andreas Jung            ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG                        -
  -   E-mail: info at zopyx.com   Web: www.zopyx.com, www.zopyx.de         -