[Zope] Re: Ape

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 02:41:09 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

Please keep replies on the list...

Chris Kratz wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers.  But, isn't directory view part of plone?

Yes, but they are more a part of CMF. You can either just install the
CMFCore product, or I remember there being a couple of packagings on
DirectoryView on its own, purely for doing what you want. I don't have
urls to them handy, sadly...

> this point as it's mainly a database app and not a content based app.  Also,
> what about performance?  Ape has quite a hit compared to standared data.fs,
> but gives us enough benefit (ease of development) that we have stayed with
> it.  How does DirectoryView compare with the normal data.fs?

Well, it'll be miles quicker that APE ;-)

> Is there some place I can learn more about DirectoryViews?  I havn't had much
> luck with either zope, plone or google search.

zope-cmf at zope.org wouldn't be a bad place to start...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk