[Zope] Using tal:attributes in XML with non-ASCII characters

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalware.com
Sat Mar 18 10:56:41 EST 2006

I'm just trying to think of a way of using tal:attributes with non-
ASCII characters using the XML parser.

At first, I just used a straight tal:attributes with the encoding of
the template set to UTF-8 but that threw an expat error.

My second attempt was to write a function which replaced all the non-
ASCII characters with entities such as Ā

Unfortunately his also doesn't work because tal:attributes escapes it
into &#256 which then fails.

Finally, I tried tal:attributes with my function and the structure
keyword but 'structure' isn't supported with tal:attributes.

I've tried this on a variety of Zope's from 2.7.5 to 2.8.6

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Logicalware Ltd
Stuart House, Eskmills, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ, UK
Tel: +44(0)131 273 5130 http://www.logicalware.com