[Zope] Sample Zope Page Templates

David bluepaul at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 18 21:02:22 EST 2006

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

>John Poltorak schrieb:
>

>>Is there such a thing as a repository of sample Zope Page Templates?
>>
>>I don't mean sample code snippets but ZPT's that people use in real
>>websites.
>>

>What are you after? (X)HTML-Design? PTs arent rocket science. And in
>the event they are, the author should rethink his solution.
>
>I dont think you need 239188172 examples showing how to
>replace a HTML-tag, repeat it or set its attributes...
>
>--Tino
>____

Hi John,

 I spent (at least) 2 full days reading, re-reading and getting my head
around ZPT.  And I went *back* again several times after that.    Its
worth the time.

I think the docs on www.plope.com are very good - and there are 2 very
nice chapters on ZPT there.

Then just start writing in ZPT.  Thats the key.  When you get stuck,
re-read the docs and ask questions when that isn't working for you. If
your like me, it always seems like there isnt enough time (or that it
should just be obvious) but that's sometimes an illusion - sometimes you
have to slow down to speed up.

All luck and hang in there ...

David