[Zope] Virtual Host Monster

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Mar 19 17:04:38 EST 2006

On 19 Mar 2006, at 21:34, Dan Gaibel wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I want to use Zope for web hosting, and I wonder about the Virtual
> Host Monster. Is it reasonable to think that I could host say,
> 200-300 small sites (different domains, low traffic) in one
> instance of zope 2.8? I'm planning on a dedicated server with 2GB
> of RAM. Does this seem feasible? Any advice on how to test
> something like this?

Not sure what your doubts about the VHM are, I don't see any problem
there. This sounds feasible, but if you can get more RAM I'd go for it.

Testing a setup like that will require programming work on your part.
You will want to create a script that creates all these sites and
hopefully some content in them, and then a script that can run
requests against them.

jens