[Zope] Zope Debugger lets WingDbg fail to connect toclient

sdeibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Fri Mar 24 22:04:16 EST 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Chris Withers wrote:
> sdeibel wrote:
>> I don't think the linecache hack is going to work for Wing because the file
>> is read by the IDE and not within the same process space as Zope is
>> running.  While we might eventually make it possible to transfer code over
>> the debug connection for cases like this, it would slow our debugger to a
>> crawl in many debug scenarios so it's not designed that way now.
>
> Sorry to hear that, maybe you could recommend zdb to people in the meantime
> ;-)

That won't help people debugging wxPython, of course... ;-)

>> I see there seems to be some evolution in Zope that fits with
>> perhaps some day compiling the right file name into code
>> objects,
>
> Not at all clear what you mean, perhaps you could clarify?

I should have said "in CMF" -- with the addition of FSObject it
looked like things were heading towards a cleaner state of
affairs.  This is just a general impression based on looking at
successive versions of this code a few times a year, so I could
be misunderstanding the motivation for the changes.

Incidentally my earlier email to zope at zope.org was rejected but
I just joined so this one might make it...

- Stephan