[Zope] zope and nagios

Ron Bickers rbickers-list-zope2 at logicetc.com
Thu Mar 30 14:46:55 EST 2006

On Thu March 30 2006 13:21, robert rottermann wrote:

> I would like to test if zope is running using nagios.
>
> I would be gratefull if somebody could could point me to some info
> how to best do this.
> I am especially interested to learn what to test to detect a running but
> not responding zope.
> Just looking up a page seems not to do the trick.

As far as I'm concerned, a not responding Zope and a not running Zope are the
same thing.  check_http with the Zope port (and other necessary parameters)
works fine for me.

You could write a custom check that does whatever you want (including
checking the logs or zopectl), but I think that's more trouble than it's
worth.

--
Ron