[Zope] Re: Question about Zope and security

Cyrille Bonnet cyrille at 3months.com
Thu Mar 30 15:54:47 EST 2006

Thanks to all for your feedback: I understand better what is going on now.

SSL is definitely the way to go, that would solve all my problems.

Now, just to push the problem a bit further: ideally, I'd like to put
SSL just on the login form. Zope would authenticate the user in that
request and return a "session ID" that would then be passed back and
forth in each request (without SSL).

That would be a balanced approach to security: I don't have to put SSL
across the entire site. The site will be vulnerable to man-in-the-middle
attacks, but only for the duration of a session.

Is it possible to do that with Zope? Or does Zope require to identify
the user on each request?

Thanks for the help.

Cyrille