[Zope] Re: Zeo as a Zeo Client

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Tue May 2 18:36:47 EDT 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:

> ZRS secondaries go into "recovery mode" whenever they lose connection
> with the promary:  that recovery is sufficient to allow it to resync
> (even to bring up a new, "empty" secondary).

Hi Tres. This is sort of how I envisioned ZRS (though I have never seen
or used it). I thought that perhaps being offline for a good length of
time (or bringing up a fresh new client) would put strain on the server
and increase the risk of other replication clients being blocked by the
process. I am not sure how many clients are typically configured with
ZRS though or whether this would be an issue.

Regards,
David