[Zope] Zeo as a Zeo Client

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at ze.tum.de
Wed May 3 02:20:31 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:24:29PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Gerhard Schmidt wrote at 2006-5-2 09:52 +0200:
> >I try to reduce the load of the line between the backup Computing Center
> >and the Mainsite by having a zeo server as Proxy between the zope server
> >at the backup site an the ZEO at the main site.
>
> You will gain nothing -- as ZEO does not implement a cache
> but forwards any request immediately to the storage.
> Its only task is to synchronize concurrent access to a single
> storage -- nothing else.

For my primary goal this whould do perfectly. Primarily I whan't the
zeo at backup site just to foward the request to the main site. All
I want is the i have only one place to change the config in case of a
failure at the main site. Nothing more. Everything else whould be nice
to have. But still the even just forwarding does not work right now.

Bye
Estartu