[Zope] problem opening pdf-files with firefox in LocalFS folders on Zope

Marinussen, M.J. (Ria) M.J.Marinussen at ewi.utwente.nl
Thu May 4 03:52:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've got Zope 2.8.5 installed with LocalFS version LocalFS-1-3-andreas
on Solaris (SunOs 5.8, I'm not sure which version number of solaris that
is...)

When I place pdf-files in the LocalFS directories, sometimes they open
correctly, but most of the time they open as text-file when using
Firefox.
With other browsers (Internet Explorer, Opera) this problem does not
occur.

In the directory-listing the files are all identified correctly as type
"application/pdf".
At first I thought that Firefox had problems with some documentversions
of pdf, so instead of using version 1.6 I tried 1.2. But no luck.
When placing the files in the zope db, and not in a LocalFS folder,
Firefox has no problems with any of them, and just opens them fine.

Does anyone have a clue what is going wrong here and even better, how I
can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Ria Marinussen