[Zope] Looking for current shopping cart product

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat May 27 09:18:42 EDT 2006

On May 27, 2006, at 6:07 AM, John Schinnerer wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> I am wondering if there is any current and stable shopping cart
> products for zope (2.7.5 is my current live version).
> I have a custom merchandise product for a client's business site.
> Retail sales are already handled via their PayPal merchant account.
> The retail items only need the appropriate PayPal button/form code
> and PayPal handles the rest.
>
> However the client also does wholesale, but not via PayPal, and
> wants a wholesale "cart" into which a wholesale buyer can put items
> and quantities to submit for review, final pricing, and shipping
> costs.
>
> I have just looked on zope.org and under products - commerce I
> don't find anything that looks current.
>
> I searched zope.org also and didn't find anything.
> I googled around a bit for zope shopping cart product and simliar
> and still didn't find anything that looked viable.
>
> Is there anything out there?
> If so why is it so hard to find?  ;-)

Hi John,

AFAIK, there is no maintained, current out-of-the-box "shopping cart
product" for Zope 2 (at least not in the same sense that there are
these "for PHP").

That said, a basic shopping cart is a very simple thing to code up
using sessions.  Take a look at the Zope "QuickStart" page (the
default root Zope index_html).  On that page there is a paragraph
that says:

"Import and then check out the new example Zope applications. These
examples show you simple working Zope applications that you can copy
and modify."

Click import, then check out the resulting "Examples" folder.  Inside
that is a ShoppingCart folder which is a basic shopping cart program
that you might be able to modify for your needs.

- C