[Zope] Internet Explorer does not follows redirect, while Firefox does

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Wed May 31 01:33:05 EDT 2006

Hi all.

I don't think this is a specific Zope problem. However, I'm
experiencing it in a Zope context, and this is why I'm here asking.

In a custom Zope application, we have a problem with Internet Explorer.

The application follows a "page -> submit -> redirect -> page" cycle.

To state more clearly: the page presented to the user can have a link.
When the user clicks on the link, something is done, and eventually
the user is redirected to the same page which will display different
data based on the results of its previous click.

The problem is that when IE sees that the result page has the same URL
as the first page  it does not reload the page and instead shows me
the cached version.

The problem is not shown with Firefox.

As far as I can understand, this is an HTTP header issue, but I would
like to know if anyone already has experienced this problem, and has
some solution about it.

Regards
Marco
--