[Zope] Troubleshooting Maildrop Host

Nancy Donnelly nancydonnelly2006 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 07:12:21 EST 2006

102Hi;
I can't get Maildrop Host to work. I have a working SMTP, Python 2.3.5, Zope 2.7.8, and am running FreeBSD. I've edited the config.py file thus:

PYTHON="/usr/bin/python"
MAILDROP_HOME="/tmp/maildrop"
MAILDROP_SPOOL="/tmp/maildrop/spool-1; /tmp/maildrop/spool-2; /tmp/maildrop/spool-3; /tmp/maildrop/spool-4"
MAILDROP_VAR="/tmp/maildrop/var"
MAILDROP_PID_FILE="/var/run/maildrop/maildrop.pid"
MAILDROP_LOG_FILE="/var/log/maildrop/maildrop.log"
SMTP_HOST="localhost"
SMTP_PORT=25
MAILDROP_INTERVAL=120
DEBUG=0
DEBUG_RECEIVER=""
MAILDROP_BATCH=0
MAILDROP_TLS=0
MAILDROP_LOGIN=""
MAILDROP_PASSWORD=""
WAIT_INTERVAL=0.0
ADD_MESSAGEID=1

I've fired up ./start_maildrop from the Products/Maildrop/maildrop/bin folder and a ps wax|grep maildrop yields a favorable result.
I've added an instance of Maildrop through the ZMI.
It appears I can reach the mail host because I use this code in my script:

try:
    mailhost=getattr(context, context.superValues('Mail Host')[0].id)
except:
    raise AttributeError, "Can't find a Mail Host object"

and the error is not raised (rather, an error from a following page is raised, although perhaps I'm mistaken here?).
Yet, when I go to fire up the script, the email is not sent. What am I doing wrong here?
TIA,
Nancy