[Zope] Re: Can't Track Simple Bug

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Fri Nov 10 10:40:01 EST 2006

Nancy Donnelly wrote:
> [...]

The script you are using to start Zope with looks like it must be
'zctl', the ancient precursor to the current 'zopectl':  it 'execed' its
Python config file (which is what you have here).  That version was
never shipped with Zope, and has not been in active use by its authors
(I'm one of them) for more than three years now.

None of Chris' advice, which applies to *curreent* Zope config stuff, is
going to apply to your setup.

>> # Zope zctl settings
>> ZOPE_HOME = pjoin(HERE, '../..', 'ZopeSoftwareHome')
>> ZOPE_OPTS = '-p - -D'
>> ZOPE_PORT = 7080
>> ZOPE_LOG = pjoin(HERE, 'var', 'debug.log')
>> ZOPE_ENV['PRODUCTS_PATH'] = ("%(SOFTWARE_PRODUCTS)s:" + pjoin(HERE, '..', 'OtherProducts') + ":%(INSTANCE_PRODUCTS)s")
>>
>> ZOPE_ENV['STUPID_LOG_FILE'] = ZOPE_LOG
>> # ZEO Environment settings
>> #ZEO['ZEO_SERVER_NAME'] = 'www.example.com'
>> ZEO['ZEO_SERVER_PORT'] = 9999
>> # ZEO zctl settings
>> ZEO_WAIT_BAILOUT = 160 # Don't try for more than num seconds

- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com