[Zope] Mail Boxer on Qmail

Nancy Donnelly nancydonnelly2006 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 09:52:05 EST 2006

Hi;
I'm running into trouble getting Mail Boxer to play nicely with qMail. I've installed and tested Maildrop Host. It works ok, so that potential bug is eliminated. I was confused as to where to put smtp2zope.py, so I put it here:
    /usr/bin/smtp2zope.py
and symlinked it here:
    /usr/local/sbin/smtp2zope.py
    /var/qmail/bin/smtp2zope.py
just to be safe ;)
One of the how-to's I read said I should create the following file:
    /var/qmail/aliases/.qmail-foo
where "foo" is the name of my list, and enter the following line by itself:
where the second "foo/mailinglist" is my path to the Mail Boxer instance.
and finally I send a message to foo at smtp.example.com but I didn't get anything back.
Did I get subscribed? How do I know? I don't see any entry in the "maillist" in the properties tab.

Also, one of the how-to's said I should set up a forwarding email address. That's not necessary, is it?
TIA,
Nancy