[Zope] Zope Alternative

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Nov 13 07:49:40 EST 2006

Chris Withers said the following on 11/13/2006 12:11 PM:
> Hafeliel wrote:
>>
>> If you could, please take a moment to surf on over to
>> http://zopereplacement.wikidot.com/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty
>
> Try doing a bit more digging before wasting your time writing this rubbish.
>
> I suggest you take a good long hard look at Zope 3, read the 2 books,
> and then come back...

yeah, I can see how this kind of attitude draws lots and lots of new
followers to zope.

Sure, the man might be mistaken and misinformed, but  if it is hard to
understand the tool, maybe some docs or references might be in order,
thoughI fail to see anythign zope related in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll unless we mean to describe
the attitude towards criticism we/some of us don't like (like to deal
with?).

I am sure that treating him like dirt under our shoes will help improve
his perception of zope and why it is such a wonderfull tool.

I am not sure, however, that the zope community needs this kind of ad
hominem argumentation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) towards
any and all that raise any kind of issue with zope.

Whatever.

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley