[Zope] Zope Alternative

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 09:40:10 EST 2006

"yeah, I can see how this kind of attitude draws lots and lots of new
followers to zope."

Quite right. It's an ignorant attitude and one that itself deserves the
label that it is prescribing. It's been prevalent for a long time on this
list. The whole attitude here is one of sneering and schoolboy name calling.

Is there a reason that the Plone list gets 3 times the level of postings
that the Zope list gets? Yes. because it is a more mature and constructive
support environment which actually helps promote the product.

On 11/13/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 13. November 2006 07:24:20 -0600 Perry Smith <pedz at easesoftware.com>
> wrote:

> >> yeah, I can see how this kind of attitude draws lots and lots of new
> >> followers to zope.
> >>
> >> Sure, the man might be mistaken and misinformed, but  if it is hard to
> >> understand the tool, maybe some docs or references might be in order,
> >> thoughI fail to see anythign zope related in
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll unless we mean to describe
> >> the attitude towards criticism we/some of us don't like (like to deal
> >> with?).
> >
> > I probably sounds like a broken record but:
> >
> > My suggestion to the Zope developers is look at Apache's documentation.
> > Its all there, complete, in one place.  Wiki's do not document.  They
> are
> > for discussions and new ideas, etc.  Internal docs are just for a few
> > limited instances.  They require you to be working in Zope at the time,
> > they can not be printed, they can not really be searched.
> >

> This is all true but historical reasons and because "the community" did
> not
> help much to improve the situation. So the current situation is basically
> mirror of its community?! Anyway, this wiki contains a bunch of false
> information or information written by a person that has little idea about
> Zope. If someone comes up with such a wiki one can expect solid and right
> information but at least half of the stuff is just wrong and some parts of
> the wiki really deserve the predicate "written by a numpty"...sorry but I
> prefer to make clear statements :-)
>
> -aj

michael