[Zope] Zope Alternative

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 10:38:09 EST 2006

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

> yeah, I can see how this kind of attitude draws lots and lots of new
> followers to zope.

This guy doesn't want Zope, he wants something lighter like Django or
Pylons. He might find what he's looking for in Zope 3...

> I am sure that treating him like dirt under our shoes will help improve
> his perception of zope and why it is such a wonderfull tool.

Well, he's treating us like dirt, Dario. Rather than spending time
helping to document Zope, he's gone off and built a wiki slating it.
Thanks, but no thanks...

> I am not sure, however, that the zope community needs this kind of ad
> hominem argumentation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) towards
> any and all that raise any kind of issue with zope.

This certainly isn't the case. People who expect their work to get doen
for them for free will get a hard time. I'd suggest that people who come
with particularly unconstructive approaches to how zope may be improved
will also come in for a similarly hard time...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk