[Zope] Zope Alternative

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 11:43:01 EST 2006

"You should post only if you have something to say. You did not and you
can't comment on the content of the wiki."

Of course I had something to say. What nonsense. And sure I had a look at
the Wiki as well and am entitled to comment. Just because I don't have the
high level of authority that many people on this list have with regard to
Zope it doesn't mean I can't comment.

By the way there's lots of people who are bored of the attitude of certain
developers towards answering queries on lists. And if those developers then
decide not to post then maybe it is a good thing for the list and the
developer?

On 11/13/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> >> +-------[ michael nt milne ]----------------------
>
> >Quite right. It's an ignorant attitude and one that itself deserves the
> >label that it is prescribing. It's been prevalent for a long time on this
> >list. The whole attitude here is one of sneering and schoolboy name
> >calling.
>
> You should post only if you have something to say. You did not and you
> can't comment on the content of the wiki.
>

> >Is there a reason that the Plone list gets 3 times the level of postings
> >that the Zope list gets?
>
> Because people use Plone and not Zope. Many Plone users identify Plone
> with
> Zope and don't recognize that Plone is a tiny CMS layer on top of Zope and
> several other big software components.
>
> >Yes. because it is a more mature and constructive
> >support environment which actually helps promote the product.
>
> Speak with some Plone core developers. Some of them are also bored by
> ongoing laziness of a minority of ppl to use existing resources or to
> resolve very easy issues on their own. That's why a bunch of Zope and
> Plone
> developers are no longer available for giving help on -users lists.
>
> -aj

michael