[Zope] Re: ImportError: No module named cPersistence

Glenn Gillis glenn at elaw.org
Fri Nov 17 20:10:57 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Glenn Gillis wrote:

>>> Huh, funny that I've never heard of, much less used, the "inplace" make
>>> target when building Zope.
>>>
>>> I will give this a try and see how things go. Thanks for the suggestion,
>>> Tres.
>
> Turns out that the makefile didn't tell you you needed to run 'make
> inplace' before using the instance created with 'make instance' -- I
> filed and fixed a collector bug on that issue:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2237

While I'm happy to have unearthed a bug that could be fixed, and hate to
beat this thing into the ground, when I run "make inplace" prior to
"make instance" I just get the following error:

  [zope at luna:newplone.climatelaw.org]$ make inplace
  make: don't know how to make
  PREFIX=/usr/local/zope/software-home/Zope-2.8.5-final. Stop

My directory tree is like this:

/usr/local/zope
    /instance-home
        /newplone.climatelaw.org
        /someotherinstance.elaw.org
    /software-home
        /Python-2.4.3
        /Zope-2.8.5
        /Plone-2.1.2
    /products-home

/usr/local/zope is owned by user/group zope/zope, and I'm running the
configure and make as user "zope."

I swear I have several other Zope/Plone site running on this box that I
was able to set up without resorting to any mailing lists!

If Tres, or anyone else, has a helpful suggestion for getting around
this error, I'm all ears.

Glenn

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -