[Zope] Python Database API

Robert (Jamie) Munro jamie at textmatters.com
Mon Nov 20 11:16:57 EST 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 20. November 2006 15:27:39 +0000 "Robert (Jamie) Munro"
> <jamie at textmatters.com> wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible to get to the python Database API through a database
>>> connector in zope? I'd like to use things like
>>> cursor.executemany(sql,seq_of_parameters) to make lots of queries run a
>>> lot faster.
>
> If you want to use the Python DB API inside Zope then better deal directly
> with the database by using the Python DB API directly instead of misusing
> the Zope DAs.

The trouble is that I want to use a mixture of normal ZSQL for most
things, and python DBI executemany etc. for the speed critical parts, on
the same database in the same zope site on different pages. If I change
the database adaptor to point at another DB (e.g. for testing), I want
it to change the DB pointed to by my python scripts as well.

Robert (Jamie) Munro