[Zope] TimeError in Zope 2.8.5

John McIntyre john at johnnyflash.com
Mon Nov 20 18:48:24 EST 2006

Greetings ~

I have been experiencing a "TimeError" in Zope 2.8.5 instance running on
Python 2.3.5.

--

Site Error

Error Type: TimeError
Error Value: The time 106900545747.045975 is beyond the range of this Python
implementation.

--

Here's the traceback...

--

TimeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

TimeError: The time 106900545747.045975 is beyond the range of this Python
implementation.

--

The error is mostly noticed in the ZMI. I can't view a large percentage of
pages in the Content frame of the ZMI, including the Root Folder view. It

This error began when my hosting account was moved from Zettai.net to
HighSpeedRails.com. I did not have the error on Zettai. I didn't change
anything after my data was moved to HSR that would have caused the error.

In trying to solve the issue with HSR, I have been told that the error is
coming from my data. I have rather thoroughly checked my data for the time
value and have not come up with anything.

I spoke to someone who thought, since the error is pervasive and the
traceback points to the basic rendering of the object and a system property,
I might have no control over it. The TimeError might indicate something with
the setup of the hosting environment.

- The "time" value is always the same.

- I have been told 106900545747.045975 converts to: Tue May 22 1973 01:35:45
GMT-0500. I have learned that DateTime sometimes has issues with dates
outside of 1970 - 2038. 1973 should fall within the acceptable range.

- When I asked HSR if there was any difference in the way that time is being
handled on the new servers that is different from the old servers, I found
that my old account was on CST and the new account is on EST. Not sure if
that matters or not.

- I found the following links pertaining to the TimeError:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=zope-db&m=109044731701981&w=2

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/2003-November/025122.html

- I did trace the error back to "safelocaltime" in DateTime.py

If anyone knows anything about the TimeError and could pass a few clues my
way I would really appreciate it. I'd like to find out how/why the hosting
environment handles the dates differently.

Thank you very much ~

John McIntyre
612 423 9692
john at johnnyflash.com