[Zope] zdb (was: error with simple python script loop)

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Nov 29 03:58:20 EST 2006

Chris Withers, on 2006-11-28:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
>> I still prefer zdb, because you can actually see and step through the
>> script code.
>> http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/zope/zdb

Do you mean you can put this in a .cpy file:

  from Products.zdb import set_trace
  set_trace()

and then you can see the script code in the debugger?

When I try that I end up in the debugger, but I don't see anything
different from the normal pdb.set_trace().  When I press 'l' I just
see [EOF] like always.  Is there a trick I am missing?

It *would* be neat! :)

> It also includes the security declarations necessary to import it from
> untrusted code :-)

Those security declarations are actually the only thing that
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Products.enablesettrace itself does.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/