[Zope] Help! Zope Crashed! Production Server!

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Wed Oct 4 15:16:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

Could you tell us a little more about your installation?
You mention 2 zope instances... Are you using ZEO?
Do you get ³Zope Ready to handle requests² in event.log when you start it
up?

Pascal

De : Javier Subervi <javier_subervi at yahoo.com>
Date : Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
À : <zope at zope.org>
Objet : [Zope] Help! Zope Crashed! Production Server!

Hi;
I'll afford a server to experiment on before year's end, but that doesn't
help me today. I was trying to get Python 2.3.5 to work with LDAP on
FreeBSD. I built py-ldap2 from ports and directed it to install Python 2.3.5
(because I'm using Zope 2.7.8 because my software won't migrate yet). It
built out okay. The person who ran this box previously didn't understand
FreeBSD's port system, so he built Python in a different place. I moved all
of that for safety's sake (at least, I thought I did), and then ended up
moving it all back because I couldn't fire up Zope (I have 2 instances).
Then I was able to fire up Zope *and* import LDAP (the latter indicating
something from my new installation stuck). When I ps wax I see Zope is
working. However, when I surf to sites, or even the IP address, it just
hangs! I cleared out log/event.log and touched it and fired up in runzope
mode, but there was nothing strange in the event.log! And I've been over
that log many times lately, so I would recognize something different. I
presume ZServer is hung. How do I trouble-shoot this?
TIA,
Javier2

Do you Yahoo!?
 Get on board. You're invited