[Zope] TimerService/ZopeScheduler runs but doesn't run scripts......

michaelntmilne michaelntmilne at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 06:28:19 EDT 2006

>Did anyone ask you for advice? ;-)

Well if you're not open to opinion then you have a closed mind

>I'm sure the authors look forward to your patches and unit tests...

? I'm not a programmer and don't aspire to be one. Does everyone have to program? What about division of labour or are you stuck in the dark ages?

>You're ranting at one of the few people on this list who does a lot of
Zope development on Windows...

Your mind is more open that I thought :-)

>Should is say it doesn't work on a Sinclair Spectrum or iPod while it's
at it?

Illogical - Does Zope run on a Spectrum?No. Does Zope run on an iPod? No. (not even a computing plaform by the way) Does Zope run on Windows? Yes. Does the product claim to work on Zope on Windows - Yes.

Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote: michaelntmilne wrote:
> Simply good advice. I'm not asking for people to do my work for me!

Did anyone ask you for advice? ;-)

> I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself thanks very much.

I'm sure the authors look forward to your patches and unit tests...

> There is a general disdain of Windows which does have a basis but which I find slightly short sighted at times.

You're ranting at one of the few people on this list who does a lot of
Zope development on Windows...

> Anyway, this product should say it doesn't work or hasn't been tested on Windows if that is the case.

Should is say it doesn't work on a Sinclair Spectrum or iPod while it's
at it?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk