[Zope] Surprising load test results?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Oct 5 12:50:59 EDT 2006

Federico Schwindt wrote:
>> What do you mean by "wsgi enabled"? How does wsgi+ differ from wsgi?
>
>  The wsgi directive was enabled in 2.10.0b2. Re wsgi+, do you mean in
> the graphic? I need to correct that as the text was truncated. It
> should be wsgi+SpeedPack and wsgi+profile.
>
>> The speed drop in ZPT I think is due to using Zope 3's ZPT engine in
>> 2.10. Zope 3 has, unless someone tells me otherwise, the policy of being
>> "slow but right" at the moment. Optimisation may be something the Zope 3
>> guys want to focus on once they've finished refactoring everything to
>> death for the 7th or 8th time ;-)

Chris, the Zope 3 people actually spent a lot of time speeding up
component architecture bits in Zope 3.3. People complain that its API
got better, um, refactored, but it also got sped up quite a bit.

>  yes, i think that's the cause of the tal speedup in 2.10, but then
> static content is painfully slower.
>  cheers,

It appears TAL is slower in 2.10.0b2 vanilla, but a lot faster in
2.10.b2 WSGI. That's pretty bizarre indeed. It might be WSGI somehow
lifts performance issues elsewhere in the publisher stack, which then in
this case more than compensate for what looks like a slight TAL slowdown.

Why then the static content is so much slower is again weird. It almost
looks like there's a fixed speed for WSGI. Someone who knows more about
how the WSGI support may be able to say more...

Regards,

Martijn