[Zope] zope gets killed on startup

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 13:46:12 EDT 2006

Hi Martijn,

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> Note that Plone 2.5 uses PlonePAS, which for some reason feels the
> need to replace the root-level acl_users folder when you create a
> Plone site.

I've just been bitten by this, and aren't at all happy.

Is there any reason I can't zap this and revert to a standard acl_users
folder?

I presume I'll need to do emergency user stuff to do this, but I'm
really not comfortable about having something unnecessarily complex in
my root - I might not feel this way if I could find more docs on
PlonePAS, but I can't, so I do!

--

Regards,

PhilK

"Say what you mean. Bear witness. Iterate." —John M. Ford