[Zope] Surprising load test results?

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Fri Oct 6 07:16:13 EDT 2006

Ok, so far, list feedback is:
+ WSGI test looks wrong
+ 100 concurrent threads looks a little heavy
+ results are not the same as Tres' ones

So, as soon as possible, we will try to make some more tests and will let
you know when the wiki page is updated.

Thanks a lot for the feedback so far.

Pascal

> De : Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>
> Date : Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:21:04 +0200
> À : Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com>
> Cc : Federico Schwindt <federico.schwindt at gmail.com>, Chris Withers
> <chris at simplistix.co.uk>, Pascal Peregrina <Pperegrina at lastminute.com>,
> "zope at zope.org" <zope at zope.org>
> Objet : Re: [Zope] Surprising load test results?
>
> Surprising indeed.
>
>> Why then the static content is so much slower is again weird. It almost
>> looks like there's a fixed speed for WSGI. Someone who knows more about
>> how the WSGI support may be able to say more...
>
> WSGI in itself should not make a difference there. However, if the
> WSGI server used is Twisted, then Twisted has a higher overhead per
> request than ZServer. However, these results seem to indicate that
> this overhead suddenly becomes the major factor, which clearly is
> impossible.
>
>> the number of concurrent requests were 100
>
> It's usually a good idea to test this with smaller numbers of
> concurrent requests as well, to see how speed reacts to increasing
> loads.
>
> Those WSGI tests make no sense, I think they are somehow faulty.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com