[Zope] Clarification: uncatalog_object question

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 06:44:54 EDT 2006

Jonathan Hobbs wrote:
>> I used catalog-aware objects and just deleted the object in the folder and
>> the object was automatically removed from the zcatalog).
>
> I don't understand why the uid of 1049298593 works in retrieving the record
> from the zcatalog, but not when used to delete the record from the
> zcatalog?!  (I have looked at the code in Catalog.py and nothing in the
> uncatalog_object method provides any hints as to why this problem is
> occuring).

Be careful the difference between the internal document id used by the
catalog and the identifier the object was catalogued with.

The latter is the physical path of the object unless you specify it...

The latter is also what you need to pass to uncatalog an object...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk