[Zope] Re: Production Advice

Maik Ihde mail at ihde.info
Wed Oct 11 07:52:13 EDT 2006

> Right now, I'm developing on a WinXP machine, and am considering SuSE
> 9.1 for my spec, any experiences, good or bad?... YAST2-installed or
> manually?

Regardless of the Distribution I would say that any Linux which is still
supported (I doubt that about Suse 9.1, though) is a good choice as long as
you or the Admin in charge knows how to handle it.

I would recommend to at least install Zope from Source. The Python 2.3.5
included in Debian Sarge works well - dunno about Suse 9.1, however I would
suggest to install Python 2.3.5 from Source. It's fairly easy and
straightforward...

Kind Regards
Maik