[Zope] Zope Crashes When Product Breaks

natalie.l.doe at gsk.com natalie.l.doe at gsk.com
Wed Oct 11 10:52:14 EDT 2006

I am new to using Zope.  We are running a Win 2003 server with Zope 2.8.8
and have installed the IssueTracker Product.  Everything was working fine
and now I can't access the Zope manager at all.  It seems whenever a
product breaks, the manager breaks with it.  I had this problem before
when I tried to install the cookie crumbler.  When I add an instance of
this product I could no longer access any part of zope nor its other
products.  Now this may be a problem with the product itself but I'm
having trouble troubleshooting the product problems if the whole zope
interface crashes.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Zope running again?

Things I've tried: restarting the Zope service from the Services app.  I
also checked the log to make sure it was running on port 8080.  I
currently get a page not found error when I go to this address.

The last thing I did before this broke was add a couple issues to the
issuetracker and added a user and that was the last I was able to access
the Zope manager.

Thanks
~Natalie