[Zope] Zope 2 for Windows

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 04:07:04 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 11 Oct 2006, at 17:14, michael nt milne wrote:
>
>> "
>> The windows builds will be available as soon as someone volunteer to care
>> about the Windows platform.
>>
>> "
>>
>> ignorant thinking. Most businesses use Windows and Zope will suffer
>> unless it is embraced.
>
> Who do you think you are insulting people who actually invest a lot of
> their spare time in the software and in the community? You being an
> annoying troll is helping no one, and it certainly won't get Windows
> builds done.

Haha, just add him to your email blacklist, saves a lot of trouble ;-)

For the record, the releases are not available because no-one is capable
rather than motivated to produce them.

Having built a couple, Windows releases are a royal PITA even if
everything goes smoothly...

Now Michael, unless you're prepared to build these releases yourself, I
less than politely suggest you STFU...

Chris

PS: For the non-trolls on this list, I believe Sidnei da Silva is
thinking about taking up this painful task... send him beer/love/money
and he might be further persuaded...

PPS: We all might also like to thank Tim Peters for doing such a good
job of building Windows releases in the past that no-one noticed the
delay between the source and binary release...
            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk